Top 5 Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300
If you are looking for the best acoustic electric guitar under $300, you will get a lot more than you think. For a novice finding the best quality guitar can be a confusing affair.
Many companies may want to cut corners and produce low-quality guitars, for example, they may want to use low-quality wood or install a pick- up that does not sound good at all.
For the unsuspecting buyer, this can be problematic, especially if he does not do any research and read the review of other people who have to use the guitar.
If you cannot play the guitar read reviews, these will give you an idea of the guitar durability and tone as well as faults that the manufacturer may have overlooked.
In this article, we will look at five guitars that will give you value for your money and drive to your many adoring fans.
I have researched many acoustic-electric guitars, and reduced the search down to few that I consider are worth their price tags in the $60-$300 range.
Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300 - Comparison
How To Choose The Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300
Purpose and Budget
Find your use for the guitar according to your skill level, if you are beginner do not spend too much on expensive acoustic guitars, the ones listed above are your perfect match.
An experienced player might be interested in an expensive better guitar. You need to know the difference between tone woods and the effect of soundboard resonance.
If the purpose of your guitar will be playing in a band or playing in public events, therefore you need to choose an acoustic electric guitar.
Construction and Design
Understanding the basics of how an acoustic guitar is constructed and designed will allow you to see and hear differences that will assist you to choose the best guitar for your needs.
You need to know the purpose and construction of the neck, body and Acoustic-Electric Guitar Systems for you to choose the best guitar.
Styles and Sound
Acoustic guitars share almost the same basic design and construction elements, but some differences affect their playability and sound. Therefore, you need to consider the variables that affect how each guitar feels and plays. These variables are:
- Body style – you need to find how comfortable the guitar will be when you handle it. Also, how the size of the body will affect the sound, a large body will produce a deeper and louder sound.
- Tops – the top of the guitar has a great effect on the tone quality of the guitar. The bridge to the top transmits sound where it is amplified. Therefor look for the type of wood, use to construct the upper part because it affects the tone of the guitar.
- Neck width and length – the thickness of the neck and duration will not change the sound but will affect your comfort. Larger ones will be uncomfortable, therefore choose the size you are comfortable.
- Nylon vs. steel strings- consider what type of music you want to play, nylon strings produce softer mellower sounds, therefore, is suitable for playing classical and flamenco-style folk music. Find Steel Strings when you want to play rock, country and pop music. Steel string acoustic guitars produce louder and brighter sounds.
Understanding your options in these four categories will help you make the best decision as you shop for an acoustic guitar.
Top 5 Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Under 300
Blue Full Size Thinline Acoustic Electric Guitar
Blue Full Size Thinline Acoustic Electric Guitar is a full-size guitar that features a slim body that makes it comfortable for younger framed players as well as adults. Its top side is made of spruce with Nato back and sides.
Its fingerboard is from rosewood and placed on top of the maple neck. It either plays acoustically or plugged in.
It features a built in pick up with an equalizer or EQ that allows it to adjust the volume level and a die-cast tuner for tuning the guitar.
Left-handed players can also play it. Left handed players can also appreciate a beautiful instrument that comes in high gloss dark blue burst finish.
The price also includes a free gig bag case, and this will allow you to take the guitar everywhere you go.
- It plays plugged either in or acoustically
- It comes with a free guitar bag and case pick.
- It features built-in equalizers and die-cast tuners.
- It arrives in the high gloss blue burst paint.
- It only has two equalizer bands.
- The pickup is too bright.
- You have to tune it when bought.
Red Full Size Thin line Acoustic Electric Guitar
It features a high gloss red burst finish that adds beauty to this guitar. It is also available in blue or natural color finishes.
Its body is made of Nato, its fingerboard made of rosewood, the top is spruce and features a truss rod and a pickup.
This truly excellent guitar is affordable and is both easy to play for both adults and younger player due to its thin line body.
A truly exceptional value and has never been this affordable to own a guitar like this before. Adults and younger players can find it easy to play because of its thin body.
- You can play it plugged either in or acoustically.
- It comes with a free gig bag case and picks.
- It has a die-cast tuner and a built-in equalizer.
- It features a high red gloss burst finish
- It is a full guitar with a thin line body.
- Its user manual is difficult to understand
Full-Size Thin line Acoustic Electric Guitar
It comes with a free gig bag case and picks. It is also has a high gloss finish with color variations on its back and sides.
- You can play it acoustically or plugin.
- It is a full-size acoustic guitar with a thin line body.
- It has a high gloss finish and color variations on its back and sides.
- Its top rated and largest seller.
- Can only be played comfortably by adults
Kona K2TBL Acoustic-Electric Dreadnought Cutaway Guitar
It is 41 inches long and three-inch thick body. Besides, it has a low profile dreadnought size. It has a cutaway body and features a 25.75 inches scale and 20 frets.
It had D'Addario strings and enclosed gold die-cast tuners. Also, it includes two pickguards, neck wrench, and polishing cloth.
- Designed with a transparent blue finish.
- It has enclosed gold die-cast tuners and D'Addario string.
- Has a Low Profile dreadnaught size and a cutaway body
- It includes two pick guards, polishing cloth and neck wrench.
- Its white outline is not white but looks aged ivory.
- The lacquer peels away.
- It is heavy.
- The saddle appears to be plastic.
New 30" Kids Black Electric Guitar
It is made of wood all through, featuring steel strings and attractive smooth finish. It as features a 5-watt amp, a shoulder strap for comfortable holding a cable cord, replacement strings, and picks.
It comes with a nice nylon carrying case that is just perfect for traveling and easy storage.
- It is ideal for a beginner.
- It is made of wood, features steels strings
- It has an attractive smooth finish.
- It comes with a nylon carrying case for traveling and easy storage.
- Its machine head is poorly attached to the guitar
- Its intonation is not okay.
- Little E produces a buzzing sound when played
Acoustic electric guitars under $300 come in different shapes and sizes and will leave a novice confused. Also, many companies mislead by claiming their products to be the best just to sell.
The ability to identify the best acoustic guitar will depend on your budget and purpose, the Construction and Design of the guitar, and its Styles and how it produces sound.
However, these five guitars will offer you the best beginner experience you need. The prices will not be hard in your pockets, and they are also durable.